Happy new year from ELNet!
See you all on January 17th at The Tabernacle, London, for our Dutch-UK Literary Cabaret with a special Dutch #RivetingReviews on 18th Jan!
We hope you enjoyed our special German edition of #RivetingReviews in December 2016, guest edited by Judith Vonberg.
To kick-start 2017 we’d like to present you with the whole German ‘boxset’!
Read all December #RivetingReviews (these are only the ‘normal’ written reviews as published mid-month and edited by me, RG).
Watch all 31 days of Judith’s Video Advent Calendar here.
Watch our Crowd-sourced Review Video here.
And here’s the full list of all Judith’s 31 ‘Advent Calendar’ books:
- Austerlitz by W.G. Sebald (Austerlitz, 2001)
- Kafka’s short stories (1908-1920)
- Back to Back by Julia Franck (Rücken an Rücken, 2011)
- Babylon Berlin by Volker Kutscher (Der Nasse Fisch, 2007)
- The Sorrows of Young Werther by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (Die Leiden des Jungen Werthers, 1774)
- The Reader by Bernhard Schlink (Der Vorleser, 1995)
- The Swimmer by Zsuzsa Bánk (Der Schwimmer, 2004)
- Chess Story by Stefan Zweig (Schachnovelle, 1942)
- The Hunger Angel by Herta Müller (Atemschaukel, 2009)
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque (Im Westen Nichts Neues, 1929)
- The Other Child by Charlotte Link (Das Andere Kind, 2009)
- Baba Dunja’s Last Love by Alina Bronsky (Baba Dunjas Letzte Liebe, 2015)
- The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge by Rainer Maria Rilke (Die Aufzeichnungen des Malte Laurids Brigge, 1910)
- Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada (Jeder Stirbt Für Sich Allein, 1947)
- Where Love Begins by Judith Hermann (Aller Liebe Anfang, 2014)
- Effi Briest by Theodor Fontane (Effi Briest, 1896)
- Heroes Like Us by Thomas Brussig (Helden Wie Wir, 1995)
- Diary of a Lost Girl by Margarete Böhme (Tagebuch Einer Verlorenen, 1905)
- Malina by Ingeborg Bachmann (Malina, 1971)
- The Bridge of the Golden Horn by Emine Sevgi Özdamar (Die Brücke vom Goldenen Horn, 1998)
- The Robber by Robert Walser (Der Räuber, 1972)
- A Sense of a Beginning by Norbert Gstrein (Eine Ahnung vom Anfang, 2013)
- Memoirs of a Polar Bear by Yoko Tawada (Etüden im Schnee, 2014)
- The Devil’s Elixirs by E.T.A. Hoffmann (Die Elixiere des Teufels, 1815)
- Holy Night by Karl May (Weihnacht, 1897)
- What Remains by Christa Wolf (Was Bleibt, 1990)
- Berlin Blues by Sven Regener (Herr Lehmann, 2001)
- Twelve Grams of Happiness by Feridun Zaimoglu (Zwölf Gramm Glück, 2004)
- The Lost Honour of Katharina Blum by Heinrich Böll (Die Verlorene Ehre der Katharina Blum, 1974)
- My Century by Günter Grass (Mein Jahrhundert, 1999)
- The End of Days by Jenny Erpenbeck (Aller Tage Abend, 2012)
Here is the list of our written German Riveting Reviews published in December:
- #RivetingReviews: Judith Vonberg reviews KINGDOM OF TWILIGHT by Steven Uhly
- #RivetingReviews: Gurmeet Singh reviews SUMMER BEFORE THE DARK by Volker Weidermann
- #RivetingReviews: Rose Tremlett reviews NIGHTMARE IN BERLIN by Hans Fallada
- #RivetingReviews: David Hebblethwaite reviews THE TOBACCONIST by Robert Seethaler
- #RivetingReviews: Henrietta Foster reviews ANGEL OF OBLIVION by Maja Haderlap
- #RivetingReviews: Max Easterman reviews THE TRUTH AND OTHER LIES by Sascha Arango
- #RivetingReviews: Jonathan Ruppin reviews THE OLD KING IN HIS EXILE by Arno Geiger
- #RivetingReviews: Barbara Wünnenberg reviews ACH, DIESE LÜCKE, DIESE ENTSETZLICHE LÜCKE by Joachim Meyerhoff