Creative Europe is the European Union programme for the cultural and creative sectors. Creative Europe supports:
– cross-border cooperation projects between cultural and creative organisations within the EU and beyond,
– networks helping the cultural and creative sectors to operate transnationally and to strengthen their competitiveness,
– translation and promotion of literary works across EU markets,
– platforms of cultural operators promoting emerging artists and stimulating a truly European programming of cultural and artistic works,
– capacity building and professional training for audiovisual professionals,
– development of fiction, animations, creative documentaries and video games for European cinema, television markets and other platforms,
– distribution and sales of audiovisual works in and outside Europe,
– film festivals that promote European films,
– funds for the international co-production of films,
– audience development to foster film literacy and to raise interest in Europe’s films through a wide range of events.
Creative Europe also supports the European Capital of Culture and the European Heritage Label, the European prizes for literature, architecture, heritage production, cinema and rock and pop music.